Services for Schools and Colleges
As a storyteller, poet and Celtic harper with over 20 years' teaching experience, I offer the following professional services to nursery, infant and primary schools as well as secondary schools and colleges:
- Storytelling Performance
- Tailor-made Workshops
- Advanced Workshops
Storytelling including Celtic harp accompaniment. Features a selection of stories from around the world.
1. Storymaking. Make your own stories to tell and/or to write.
2. Poetrymaking. Poetry-telling and poetry-writing arising out of storytelling.
3. Drama Workshop. Explores the dramatic nature of stories.
4. Harp Workshop. An introduction to the harp. I bring several harps along to this workshop to provide a "hands-on" experience.
5. The Celtic Package. Stories from the Celtic lands. Includes introduction to the Celtic harp and to Turlough O`Carolan.
6. The Sheherazade / Arabian Package. Stories from "The Thousand and One Arabian Nights".
7. The Africa Package. Stories from the African continent.
8. The Japan Package. Stories from Japan. Workshops can include a short introduction to "Go" (See BGA on links page) the national game of Japan.
9. The China Package. Stories from China.
10. The Russia Package. Stories from Russia.
11. The Greek Myths Package. Stories from the Greek myths.
12. The Great Religions Package. Focus on stories from the six major world religions: Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Sikhism and Buddhism.
These are workshops, designed in consultation with the client, which incorporate NC and NLS targets for key stages 1-4. They are based on a cross-curricular and cross-cultural approach and can include sections from the workshops above.
In-service training for schools, colleges, teacher training establishments and education advisors is available on any of the services offered above.
© F Ellul 2004